Monday, October 17, 2011

Looking Back: Ultimate Frisbee Tournament Oct. 16, 2011

On Sunday I went to my first ever Ultimate Frisbee tournament on K-State's campus to grab a feature shot for today's paper. I was shocked to find out how intense the game was! I had heard of Ultimate Frisbee, but never seen it in action.

I ran into a subject from another story I had shot on Friday while I was there, and he gave me the play-by-play, which turned out to be extremely helpful in learning the game. If you don't know much about Ultimate, here is a link the coach gave me to read up on: http://www.usaultimate.org/about/ultimate/default.aspx

The team I quickly became interested in  was the K-State Alumni team. This was a group of guys who have all graduated from K-State, where they played Ultimate at different times, and have formed a cohesive group. They played well together and were just some interesting characters to watch. The game I was able to stay for these guys who were 30+ were absolutely killing the team of college kids from Colorado. I guess it goes to show that you can be good at Ultimate at any age. I found myself cheering them on more than I was taking pictures.

I hope you all enjoy! Here are a few of my favorites!







1 comment:

  1. Whoa' the pictures were awesome and I find it interesting. It seems also that you had a great time playing Frisbee . Hope to learn how it plays also. Thank you for sharing this with us. Keep it up and Good luck.

    ReplyDelete